Ayurvedic Consultations and Yoga with Joanna
Ayurvedic consultations, yoga and treatments are available with Joanna from Batcombe, near Bruton, Somerset. For more about Joanna and how to find us, please click here. Clinic days are as follows:
- Initial Consultation (90 minutes): Please click here for the Initial health questionnaire (Case sheet template). Please complete this and email it back to me by the morning of your visit. Ayurveda places great importance on even the smallest signs of things ‘not being quite right’ so don’t leave things out. This forms the basis of our discussion during your consultation. The pulse and tongue are also assessed to help read symptoms of imbalance. It is helpful if you take only juice, water or tea for the 3 hours before your consultation time to help with reading the pulse. The first consultation focuses on diet and herbs aimed at removing the root causes of imbalance, as well as treating current symptoms. Lifestyle advice may also be discussed.
- Follow up Consultation (30-45 minutes): Lifestyle factors that will help you feel more balanced are introduced at your follow up. Additional herbs/ treatments may also be prescribed. It is common for the first 2 weeks of treatment to be spend detoxing the body of undigested matter with digestive herbs, before nourishing tonic herbs and treatments are prescribed. If symptoms are chronic (over 1 year) it’s likely herbs will be needed for at least 3-6 months. Your practitioner is here to support you, but your efforts in changing diet and lifestyle are key to healing!
- Ayurvedic Yoga Session (60 minutes): After your consultation, this session focuses on yoga postures, breathing and meditation practices to feel more balanced. You will also be sent a tailored handout to help with home practice. This option is also available without a Consultation, with a short session of 20 minute to assess which doshas need balancing through your yoga practice.
- Ayurvedic Balancing massage (60-90 minutes): Why not combine your yoga session with an Ayurvedic massage- perfect for soothing muscles. A massage after a yoga session is also a great experience! The body is already open to receiving the benefits so the practitioner can often work on a much deeper level.
- It may be possible to book appointments outside of these times with advance notice.
- It is also possible to have initial consultations and follows ups over the telephone.
- Payment by cash or cheque only please (apologies but cards not accepted).
Initial Consultation: £50
- Follow ups: £30
- Ayurvedic Yoga Session: £35
- Ayurvedic Balancing Massage £45-50
“I really enjoyed this [first consultation], a very warm welcome, a sense of being able to talk in a non judgemental, confidential atmosphere. I left inspired and clutching some great advice. I am one stone lighter now then when I had my first consultation, I’d like to have seen this weight reduction be significantly more, but I think it is an appropriate reflection of the effort I’ve been able to put in so far…This has been a very enriching and beneficial experience so far.”
“I have been dipping in and out of the new way of eating and daily routine. I ordered and have read the Ayurveda teach yourself guide. This was very good and it doesn’t feel so complicated now. It took quite a few attempts at getting the Mung bean soup right and I didn’t much care for it for breakfast. But now I love it. Excellent for taking to work, even when I am stressed during the shift, this really helps and I don’t feel I need to binge eat when I get home. This is an amazing change for me. Its great having it in a flask ready to eat, so cheap to make etc. I purchased a pot of ghee and have enjoyed the new way of cooking vegetables, milky drinks. Yesterday I made my first batch of ghee and I am very proud of my 2 jars! It tastes lovely and was very therapeutic whilst making it.Thank you for sharing in this wisdom. This is what I have been searching for and it feels right”.
“Thanks so much for the consultation. As much as anything, it reaffirms my belief that balance and healing begin with our own choice to nurture ourselves and the relationships that support us. “
“Just making really simple lifestyle changes has been really beneficial, by simply raising my awareness of my needs and habits I have already been able to effect change”.
“Thanks so much for the consultation – it was really helpful – especially to understand which bits of me are governed by which dosha type – that has really helped me work out a few things – and the most helpful was using my mind and pitta qualities as a strategy for helping my body be healthier and working to minimise kapha/vata (sounds so obvious I know but something has really clicked with this). I think the fact that it supports my yoga also really helps as it is a coherent life strategy for me”