Links and Recommended Reading
- A Pukka Life, Sebastian Pole (2012)- a beautiful book to own
- Ayurveda Teach Yourself Guide, Sarah Lie (2007) – excellent!
- The Complete Book of Ayurvedic Home remedies, Dr V Lad (1999)
- Ayurvedic Beauty Care, Melanie Sachs (1994)
- The Complete Illustrated Book of Yoga, Swami Vishnu-devananda
- The New Book of Yoga, Sivananda Centre– a great introduction
- Yoga Teach Yourself Guide, Sarah Lie (2007) – excellent!
Ayurvedic and Yogi Cooking:
- Ayurvedic Cooking for Self-healing, by Usha and Dr V Lad (1997)
- The Ayurvedic Cookbook, Lotus Press, Amadea Morningstar (2001)
- The Sivananda Yoga Cookbook- Vegetarian Food for Body and Mind
- Eat Taste Heal- an Ayurvedic Guidebook and Cookbook for Modern Living, T Yarema, D Rhoda, J Brannigan (2006)
- Eat right for your body type, Anjum Anand (2010)- My current favourite!
Books linking Yoga and Ayurveda:
- Yoga for Your Body Type: An Ayurvedic Approach to Your Asana Practice, D Frawley, S Kozak (2001)
- Ayurvedic Yoga Therapy, Mukunda Stiles (2007)
- Yoga and Ayurveda, D Frawley (1999)- links the two sciences very clearly
- Neti: Healing Secrets of Yoga and Ayurveda, D Frawley
- Ayurveda Training
Ayurveda massage training courses in the UK
- Ayurveda UK- The Vedic Retreat
Ayurveda panchakarma detox and yoga retreat in the UK
- Ayurvedic LifeSpa
Ayurveda panchakarma detox and Ayurveda massage training and yoga retreats in the UK and Europe
- Ayurvedic Practitioners Association
UK Professional association for Ayurvedic practitioners. Information on regulation, upcoming seminars and conferences.
Inspirational Ayurveda practice in Brighton- Sascha and Rebecca Kriese
- Essential Ayurveda
Ayurvedic products, Retreats and Panchakarma treatment in Lincolnshire
- Global Panchakarma Guide
Useful site for finding Panchakarma clinics
- Joyful Belly
Lots of advice on Ayurvedic diet and hundreds of Ayurvedic recipes
- Pukka Herbs
Bristol based company offering authentic Ayurvedic herbs, delicious teas, massage oils, ghee, Ayurveda books, and more.
- Samsara Mind and Body
Samsara Mind and Body is a wellness studio in south west London, offering yoga, Ayurveda and health and beauty therapies in a purpose built, friendly and serene setting.
- The Ayurveda Institute
Dr Vasant Lad’s US based Ayurveda Institute- download a dosha questionnaire and dietary guidelines
- The Ayurveda Practice
A sister organisation to Ayurvedic Yogi, as Kate Siraj and I studied together. Based in London, Kate offers consultations, massage and has an excellent blog.
- AdventureYogi Holidays
Yoga holidays and yoga retreat weekends in the UK – adventure yoga weeks, yoga and surfing in Cornwall, yoga and skiing in France.
- Jiva Healing
Jiva Healing run Juice Fasting retreats, Yoga retreats and Vegetarian Cooking retreats in Europe, the UK and Asia.
- Revive Holistic
Wonderful holistic massage in the heart of Bristol
- Can U Yoga
Variety of London based classes including Sivananda yoga
- Simply Yoga
On-line ethical yoga shop, a community interest owned company
- Sivananda Yoga
International Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centers
- The Yoga Journal
Interesting articles, advice on poses and free weekly newsletter
- The Yoga Therapy Centre
Yoga classes for all health problems (back pain, asthma, arthritis, ME, stress).
- Universal Yoga
Brings yoga to all walks of life in Somerset, students range from 3weeks to 87 years old! There are also special teacher training workshops and talks.
- Yoga Pages
Online yoga resource to develop your yoga practice, make new friends, keep a Yoga Journal, post your pictures, and keep up to date.
- Yoga Prema
Sivananda classes, workshops and retreats in Bristol